Professional Acting Internship
Acting internship positions are available for Theatricum’s Repertory season. Acceptance is based on an audition and interview. Our prestigious, in-depth internship program is designed to give non-Equity actors a solid base in all aspects of professional theatre, while further developing their craft as artists.
Since 2002, Theatricum’s Acting Interns, upon completion of the program, have gained employment at Theatricum, as well as at other professional theatres, and have been accepted into the finest graduate and undergraduate schools in the country. This program offers a solid foundation for future study and professional work.
- Is cast in 1 or more mainstage show(s)
- Receives over 50 hours of classwork (Voice, Improvisation, Rhetoric & Scansion)
- Is directed in a classical scene by a Theatricum Mentor/Director
- Works 100 hours (throughout a 5-month season) gaining skills for possible future Theatricum employment, as well as developing marketable skills in an area of interest (arts education, new play development, costumes, production, box office, marketing)
- Featured in a Showcase of classical scenes and monologues on Theatricum’s mainstage at the end of the season
- May be eligible for the Actors’ Equity Membership Candidacy
2018 AUDITION DATE:
Sunday March 4th 2018
9am – 2pm