|Associate Managing Director|
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Producing Artistic Director, Associate Producing Artistic Director
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
Rate: $25/hr, 25 hours per week
Start Date: Immediate upon hire
Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum is a professional, outdoor Repertory theatre and arts education organization located in Topanga Canyon. In addition to a robust 4-month season of public performances each summer, the theatre is also home to year-round nationally-recognized School Programs that serve the youth of the greater Los Angeles area and; Academy of the Classics that provides lifelong learning opportunities for community members of all ages. For almost 50 years, Theatricum has been fulfilling its mission to benefit the cultural fabric of the greater Los Angeles area.TO APPLY:
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 20, 2022
Interviews date: Week of May 23, via zoom. Follow-up interviews will be in-person on site.
Start: Immediate upon hire
The Associate Managing Director, in collaboration with the Managing Director, Producing Artistic Director, and Associate Producing Artistic Director will lead artists, staff, board, and the community in realizing Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum’s (WGTB) mission.
This position will collaborate to guide the development of vision and strategy for the organization’s long-term growth and will provide strong leadership for the board, staff, and the community.
The candidate will be able to work collaboratively with the Managing Director, Producing Artistic Director and Associate Producing Artistic Director to realize Theatricum’s goals for artistic excellence, community service, education, financial stability, fundraising, and audience engagement. Within this collaborative partnership, the Managing Director and the candidate are responsible for actualizing the Education and Artistic visions of the organization into practicable initiatives that are financially sound and supported, and which galvanize the board, staff and extended community behind it.
This position is a half-time training opportunity and is responsible for the overall business, administrative, and operational management of the company. This includes leadership of fundraising, budgeting, financial management, HR, information systems, institutional marketing, and board relations. There is a potential for advancement for the right candidate.
Applicants should be comfortable in a large, outdoor environment where children and pets are often integrated into the work environment. Applicant must be able to reliably work on-site in Topanga as scheduled, as well as have flexibility to work outside of a typical work week schedule.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
All responsibilities are shared and in under the guidance/training of the Managing Director and include:
1) Shared Executive Leadership
- Work with management and development staff to plan and manage all Development and Fundraising programs
- Collaborate with Grants Manager and Development to pursue institutional fundraising with foundations, corporations and government agencies
- Oversee communication with donors and patrons when it relates to fundraising or institutional advancement, ensuring best practices are being used in stewarding our patron
- Oversee the patron database and ensure that best practices are being used in recording and analyzing data
3) Finance Management
- With Managing Director, manage the creation of WGTB’s annual operating budget
- Manage financial reporting systems to ensure that all directors and managers have the information they need to manage their individual budgets
- Communicate financial progress against budget to the Board of Directors
- Finance Operations
- Manage the overall financial operations of the organization
- Manage all external financial reporting of the organization
- Provide financial reports
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations to guide the organization’s financialdecisions
- Work with outside auditors to assure that all financial systems and internal controls are adequate to appropriately serve the organization and guard against fraud and waste
4) External Relations
- Serve as a key representative of WGTB in the community, including cultivation of donors, funding institutions and government agencies
- Represent Profile in communication with external agencies that have the power to govern or influence financial or administrative demands within our industry (i.e. TCG)
- Provide additional support for and attend meetings, fundraisers, events, celebrations, opening nights, etc.
5) People Management
- Manage, coach, and supervise all non-Production and non-Education employees except those who report to the Artistic Director, Associate Artistic Director, and/or the Education Managers.
- Ensure that Profile’s employment policies and reporting are consistent with all rules and regulations governing working in the State of California
- Ensure that Profile’s employment policies and employee handbook are current and complete and support the organization’s staffing goals and needs
- Oversee recruiting, training, coaching, and retention of staff
- Foster an office culture of teamwork, generous collaboration, clear communication, effective delegation, and mutual support
6) Board Relations
- Work with the Managing Director, Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director to support the development and effective operations of the Board of Directors
- Work with the Managing Director, Development Manager, and Board President to identify need for committees and prioritize work of the Board
- Provide written reports to Board
- Work to grow the Board through active Board cultivation and recruitment
- Serve as staff liaison for Finance and Development Committees of the Board
7) Contract Management
- Oversee all of WGTB’s contracting with external agents, including: Actor’s Equity Association (with Production Manager and Union Liaison) , insurance agreements, leases, rights/royalty agreements, vendors, etc.
8) Technology Management
- Ensure that the organization has the information, communications, and technology systems that it needs to be effective